75100385

We are a letting agent who received an inquiry from a women

We are a letting agent who received an inquiry from a women who wanted to view a property. The negotiator who took the call new the name as the ex-girlfriend of her friend. She checked with her friend who confirmed this.
The reason the staff member did this was it was her mother house the inquiry was about and she felt uncomfortable possibly renting it to her friends ex-girlfriend.
The friend has then contacted the ex-girlfriend telling her he knows she is renting in Crawley through Swan.
We have now received a complaint from the ex-girlfriend regarding giving out her personal information and breaching data protection.
All three parties new of each other prior ? Any thoughts, where do we stand
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Is the extent that one was the girlfriend? Is that all the information which was disclosed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The only thing that was disclosed was that the ex-grilfriend was viewing through us and the the negoatiator did not feel particularly comfortable with it as it was her mothers property she was interested in.

Ok. Then you dont need to worry. It is only where personal information has been disclosed. This is not the case here, it is not personal sensitive information.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.