31090051

I have been registered with reg transfers couple of years

I have been registered with reg transfers for a couple of years whilst trying to obtain a personalised registration, with the registrations you give them a list of number options you would like to obtain.
One of the numbers i had requested they informed me had never been issued, I contatced the DVLA and found that they would issue the number but it woyuld go to auction, I waited seven months until the number was issued, it went to auction last week, i bid upto £2510 but was outbid, not being a weathy person with spare cash this was as far as I could go.
The plate was sold for £2520.00 (this would have been around £3350.00 with fees)
I now have Reg Transfers offering me the plate but with a price tag of £14,995.00 + Vat + fees!
Could this be classed as insider trading as the company was aware i was looking and for which registrations? Clearly they could argee they would buy any ageless plate that spelt a name but clearly in this case they have information supplied to them by me not in the public domain and are looking to make a large profit very quickly.
Regards Nicholas
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am happy to let it run into next week.

I trust if there is no answer the money will be refunded

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. Yes, we refund on request.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Insider trading relates to stocks and shares and does not apply to this situation.
In addition, because the plate went for public auction, Reg Transfers or any other person or organisation was entitled to bid for it.
I'm afraid you have no legal remedy here.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.