12826847

My son was put on remand month awaiting sentence,

Customer Question

My son was put on remand for a month awaiting sentence, which was listed for tomorrow 30th June 2015. During the past month he was not seen any probationary officer despite his appeals. His solicitor never contacted him while in jail. I contacted the solicitor today, who informed me that a request for adjournment was agreed by the judge and that my son was to remain in prison until 31st of July. In view of the failure of the Probationary service to make assessment, and in view of the solicitor's failure to follow proper procedures, is it not an unfair situation and what could we do about it?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this,
What was the offence please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Assault and phone theft - he pleaded guilty

Ok. On whats basis was he remanded? What is his previous?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He was remanded awaiting sentencing. The court was awaiting reports from probation, but never got it - They apparently lied to the judge by saying that they couldn't contact my son because he was moved to another prison, which is not true

What were the injuries of the assault? Was this Magistrates or Crown Court? What previous does he have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not sure but I understand they were medium injuries. Crown court - He had one previous conviction (holding offensive object in a public place) Received a suspended sentence.

When was that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

02/01/2015

What was the sentence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He had a conditional discharge: not to get involved with any further trouble - time scale - one year

You said he had a suspended sentence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

Ok.mhos many months suspended for how long?