12826847

I have had Eczema on my feet year now, after many

Customer Question

Hi, I have had Eczema on my feet for a year now, after many trips to the doctors for different lotions and potions and trips to chiropodist and private dermatologist I have been for allergy patch testing. I tested positive for Hydroxyethyl Acrylate which I believe is a chemical used in our new laminate flooring which has been down for a year!
This condition has caused me distress,pain, time and money. Do you think it is possible to raise a case against the Laminate company who actually advertise their product as 'the ideal flooring for allergy sufferers' on their website.
Please advise, thanks
Sarah
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Has your doctor said that they believe that this is due to the flooring and have you raised the issue with the flooring company?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes its on my allergy report. I am currently getting info from the flooring company.

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Have you suffered a financial loss as a result of this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have spent hundreds on prescriptions, chiropodists and private dermatologists, and spent lots of time/money traveling to see them.

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
did you purchase the flooring directly from the manufacturer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The first lot in my hallway and living room was from SCS flooring and the next lot which went down only a few weeks ago in a different room is the same brand was from an online supplier.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.