Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I am in the process of purchasing a property and have a dilemma.

Customer Question

I am in the process of purchasing a property and have a dilemma. The estate agents for the property I am buying have said there are leasehold enquiries outstanding for the property but they are not major issues. We are hoping to exchange and complete by mid July and are ready to go - our contract has been signed but not exchanged and deposit has been paid. I have expressed all of these issues to my Solicitor who at this stage is clearly no longer interested. I want to know where we stand legally in this process. We don't want to pull out of the sale, however, if we do, will we get our 10% back.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Until your Solicitor exchanges Contracts on your behalf, for which he will need to obtain your authority by way of a phone call, either you or the Seller are free to withraw from the transaction without compensating the other party.

Therefore, in the unlikely event of you not proceeding to exchange of Contracts, your Solicitor wold return your Deposit to you.

If there are only a few outstanding Leasehold enquires outstanding, I would certainly hope that these will have been dealt with by 16th, to enable you to proceed to exchange.

I hope this assists and answers your question.

Kind Regards

Al

Can I assist you any further?

If not, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.

Kind Regards
Al