75100385

I collaborated with a photographer photo shoot

I collaborated with a photographer for a photo shoot and in return said i will credit them on social media sites. Which i have been.
About 6 months have passed and now can't mention photographers name in every single post, which he wants me to do. I did not promise to promote the photographer forever on every single post but he doesn't want me to use images if i do not mention his name in every single post i use.
What would be the solution and can i use the images in spite of his request not to? Would he be right in the winning position if he claimed copyrights?
Many thanks!
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Is there any written contract between you both please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, not a written contract but we discussed it in a written form via email.

And it was never discussed it had to be one credit per post?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, that was never discussed.

Ok then the photographer can't change his mind. You agreed to credit, which you have. Unless it was specifically agreed you would credit per post then you do not have to. All that was agreed is you would credit the photos.
If you have done that, you have held up your end of the deal. The photographer can't change the terms mid way through. If the photographer wanted credit per post then it should have been agreed in advance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** gets a bit more confusing.
I looked back to our original conversation and i wrote that i will credit him everywhere( i did not mention on every single tweet)
That was the initial agreement and few months back when i was posting images without crediting him he really went at me and said i can not use them, and because i was not aware of the law, or should have checked before, but in he spur of the pressure i said i will credit him at the end of the tweet (i did not say at the end of every tweet). Would that undermine initial agreement?
No. Every tweet was not agreed and therefore not binding.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.