How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34589
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My daughter is 17 and lives with my ex-wifes partner since

Resolved Question:

My daughter is 17 and lives with my ex-wifes partner since her death in August 2014. This is an amicable agreement but he says he needs some temporary or permanent guardianship. Can this be done via a private agreement or does it need to be approved by the court?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When will your daughter turn 18?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My daughter will be 18 on the 3rd February 2016.


Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
In that case there is no Court application that can be made in ant event.
It is your daughter's choice where she lives - and indeed what choices she makes.
A simple letter confirming your agreement to her living with her "step father" will suffice.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you