12826847

My mother died on 14th December 2013 in Cornwall, her next

Customer Question

My mother died on 14th December 2013 in Cornwall, her next of kin was my stepfather who is still alive and at the moment is engaged to another woman and I am not sure whether a marriage is imminent. My mother told myself and my wife that she had lodge a will with a solicitor in Newquay Cornwall and left myself, my brother and my sister an equal share, but my stepfather has said she didnt. When my mother met my stepfather, she owned a house so I am concerned most of the money in the house he is living in was hers, if he marries this other woman does everything get transferred to her if he dies, or is there anything I can do to sort this problem out now?
Have you contacted solicitors in Newquay and asked if they ho;d or held a Will?