75100385

I put my car up with a dealer and it was agreed he

Customer Question

I put my car up for sale with a dealer and it was agreed he would give me £1200 and what he got above that was his, but it did not sell straight away and he then asked for £10 a week for the rent of the pitch which came out of the blue and I disagreed with him and he locked my car away so I could not take it, now I find out that it has been taxed and MOT'ed (as it was on sorn) so is on the road, probably sold and he does not take my calls and has not contacted me and so I am out of pocket and no car is there anything I can do?
Rgds Mike
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
How much are you out of pocket please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The car was worth £1500 to £1800 and I agreed to have £1200 out of the sale. (I still have the log book but he must have applied for a new one)

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So this is not a crime for the police to handle, even when he took off the pitch (and was no longer for sale as I understood it), then sold it and pocked the money is that not stealing. and is the courts the only way to get my money as I don't know how much he sold it for.

Sadly it sounds like a civil matter. You can complain to the Police but they may say it is a County Court claim./
Does that help?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.