75100385

During a visit to the Wimbledon tournament on Monday

Hello. During a visit to the Wimbledon tournament on Monday 29-th, I was detained by local security services. I was handed a letter, they confiscated my ticket tennis and I was kicked off from the stadium area . In this letter I was accused that I transfer data from the tennis matches for the gambling and in the future that I can not come back to the wimbledon area at any time. I would like to understand what can I do in such situations and what are the consequences if I come to the stadium once again in spite of the "ban". ThanksLetter from wimbledont

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is it you want to achieve ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like to understand what can I do in such situations and what are the consequences if I come to the stadium once again.

You can't do anything. It is private property. You have no right to go onto the property, they can ban who they want. As long as they are not banning people on the basis of age, race, colour, religion, then they can say who they do and do not want in.
For example if someone came to your home, you can allow them in or not. It's up to you. As Wimbledon is private property the same applies.
If you go to the stadium potentially they could seek an injunction to stop you. But it's not a criminal matter, only civil.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a couple of wimbledon tickets for next days and I spent already a lot of money for these tickets(

As you said ,it is a civil matter, it means they can only kick me off again without any consequences(fines, jail and etc), right?

No jail. That is correct.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

But what about maximum amount of fines? 100 pounds? 1000? 10000? Who sets the amount of the fine?

No fine.
It's a civil matter.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please explain it more detailed. There is no ID checking on the stadium entrance. And if security guys recognize me -what will be next steps? Just confiscate tickets and kick me off again?

Yes they can kick you off. But you won't be fined, you won't go to jail. This is a civil matter, all they can do is ask you to leave.
Does that clarify?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.