75100385

I am trying to find out if there is anything in the law

Customer Question

Hi I am trying to find out if there is anything in the law that can enable me to file a civil suit against the mother of my fiancee's daughter obtaining entry without our consent into our property. She was able to gain entry by instructing her daughter of 15 years who was residing at the time at our address but not on the rental agreement. The mother had access to the house for 20 mins and was witnessed by neighbours leaving with a suitcase and bags, we went to the police and they informed us that the fact that the daughter had a key and was residing at the time meant no criminal prosecution could be made, I would like to take a civil suit out but don't know what to file etc... Please help as we believe documents i.e payslips have been removed etc...
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What loss has been suffered please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There was some Mac make up equating to approximately £200, payslips we suspect have been taken, thinking from a data protection perspective, and sensitive information.
Clothes were also taken without authorisation from us, we suspect that other items are missing but cannot confirm at present, she had the opportunity of 20 minutes in the house in chaperoned.
Cathy
You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.