12826847

I had a phone call asking if I would to sell my private number

Customer Question

I had a phone call asking if I would to sell my private number plate to RegTransfers for £9500 I have received an email with a conformation of sale and powerattorney to sign and return to them. I have changed my mind but on there web site it says that they record conversations and I have made a legal binding contract have I ? and can I get out of this ?
I presume they haven't paid anything?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no have not been paid only after they have got my power of attorney and the retention document v778 and they have money from a buyer can take 3 to 6 weeks apperently

You are in breach of contract if you do pull out but they have suffered no loss and so there is no claim against you.
If you had received the money then you would have had to repay obviously but that doesn't arise.
They could try to argue that this is the type of thing that is so unique that they could force specific performance of the contract but they are very unlikely to pursue that. It is not worth the manpower in doing so.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have they suffered loss if they have received money from there client the buyer as they act for both as intemediatary

Not really. The funds can always be returned to them.