Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I wish to get a solicitor to join my two siblings as Trustee

I wish to get a solicitor to join my two siblings as Trustee of my will Do I pay an annual fee for this and is it wise to have an extra name
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

There would be no annual fee you would have to pay, but any Solicitor who is appointed as an Executor/Trustee of a Will is entitled to charge on an hourly basis for the work he carrie sout in administering the Estate.

Normally, clients would appoint a Solicitor as Trustee if either they had no family or they felt there may be an argument between family members if one or two family members were appointed as Trustees.

Many non professional Trustees will ask a Solicitor to assist in the administration of an Estate if they feel they can't deal with it themselves.

Therefore, unless you foresee a problem with your siblings acting alone, I would suggest that there is no need to also appoint a Solicitor. If it turns out your siblings

require assistance, they can then instruct a local Solicitor of their choice to assist them.

I hope this assists you.

Kind Regards

Al

If I have assisted you, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.

Al