75100385

I purchased a car from a car dealer. And 4 weeks after

Hi, I purchased a car from a car dealer. And 4 weeks after owning it the gearbox went. They have failed to fix it properly 4 times now so I have given them it back and said I don't want it. It was financed too so I'm in the process of speaking to finance comp and car dealer. The dealer has said the garage where it is being fixed have said its not the same problem as before and have authorized them to repair the car again at a cost of £1300. But the car broke down exactly the same sequence of events as it did the first time. I suspect the car dealer is lying as he has told me so much rubbish and his response to the finance company is utter lies and rubbish too. The car dealer is only offering me £3000 pound back for the car which won't even pay off my agreement with finance company after I have been paying for it for the last 6 months.
Do I have a case against the car dealer?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Was if new or second hand? Was there a warranty ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was second hand and had 3 months warranty. It went wrong 4 weeks after I purchased it. I purchased it on the 23rd October 2014. I was issued a courtesy car. I then got my vehicle back on the 13th Jan 15. Went wrong 2 days later. Got it back on the 16th jan. 3 weeks later it went wrong again on the 7th feb. got it back 1st of March and it broke down again on the 3rd of May.
Many thanks.
What is the additional cost to you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its not a great deal to be fair I will still owe £280 pound if they settle it. But it's not so much the money. I'm discuted in the dishonesty of the car dealer. People like that shouldn't be able to get away with it.
What is it you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ideally I want my money back for what I have paid over the last 6 months and my agreement terminating
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund / compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund / compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thankyou for your help. But do you think I will win my case if I go against them??
I think if it's been based on lies that makes your case strong.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.