75100385

My ex-husband tricked me into signing a loan agreement form

My ex-husband tricked me into signing a loan agreement form for £28,000. He told me it was 'something to do with the mortgage'. I trusted him, so signed it. Is this legal? Also, I found this out by accident in 2002. I don't have the paperwork, would the Halifax still have it, if I request it?

We took out an initial loan of about £8,000 which I knew about, but he increased it to £28,000 without my knowledge.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Why if you found out in 2002 have you waited until 2015 before doing anything about it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As I said, I've heard other people have been in the same situation and told there was nothing I could do. At the time, I was annoyed but still married to him, I found out he had further debts and tried to help him out. In 2008 we separated and I have been trying to sort out various messes ever since.

Its bad news I am afraid. Sadly under the Limitation Act you have 6 years to bring a claim, you knew in 2002 and therefore had until 2008 to bring a claim.
Sadly now you are 7 years out of time. I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, not good but can you clarify this means I would have had a case if I'd done something earlier? If so, can you clarify exactly what grounds? ie, fraud etc.

Potentially misrepresentation. But sadly you are stuck with the 6 years.
I am sorry.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
My name is ***** ***** I just want to add to the above .
Since you were married to your ex this is a matter which can be dealt with within the financial side of the divorce proceedings