13262538

I have been married years have one son. My husband

Customer Question

Hi I have been married for 5 years have one son. My husband is very wealthy but gives me no money, I work extremely long hours trying to make ends meet while he has lots of spare cash. It is pointless being married as I have no quality of life, It is making me Ill and I want to be with my son. I want a divorce but with the marriage being short am concerned about my finances, what am I entitled to?
My son is our son, we have been together 7 years
I gave up a very well paid job to try to spend more time with my family but he won't support me financially so I am now working very hard in a low paid role
How much is the matrimonial home worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets are there and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi home is worth 500k , 200k on mortgage, husband has business which has significantly grown in past few years and has other assets worth approx 600k. He earns over 100k per annum. I earn 20k and have approx 70k in assets
Who pays the household bills
How much does a cheaper two bedroom property in the same school area cost to buy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Approx 100k. My husband pays most of bills, but I do contribute. I will need to move out of area close to family so I can work and get help with child care as I have no family around here
How far away would you intend to move?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My family live 100 miles away. The only way I could stay here is if I was given financial support or a decent settlement. Surely I am entitled to a share i contributed 50/50 to the family bills for most of our married life and only recently could not give 50percent I also supported my husband as his business grew. I should not now be left in a bad financial state The marriage has needed due to him untentionally withholding money and using money as a method of control

How much will a two bedroom property in the same general area cost to buy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Approx 100k same as near home,
In the event of a divorce you will certainly be awarded sufficient to purchase a property for yourself and your son with a 50/50 division of the equity in the Matrimonial Home.
In addition you will receive Child maintenance at 12% of his gross income (at most) and spouse maintenance as well.
You can try and negotiate a settlement using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
Please ask if you need further details