12826847

I have a tenant who signed a contract year which finishes

Customer Question

I have a tenant who signed a contract for a year which finishes in September and she paid up-front for a year. The tenant moved out in February before asking my permission. I said she could move out as long as she paid expenses until a new tenant moved in and the flat was in the same state a when she moved in. When we looked at the flat the balcony door had dropped and was unusable. I put the flat on the market and took the first offer which was to move in on 1st September. The tenant now wants a large refund. I have taken a lot of time with the management company trying to find out who is responsible for repairing the door. Now I find it is up to me to repair it. The tenant says she hardly used the door and did not know about the damage.
The tenant has not honoured the contract and should have informed me of the damaged door. She had a dog living on the balcony (infringing the contract) along with a large number of possessions. She agreed to my conditions about cancelling the contract. I need to know if I am liable in any way.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Liable in any way in terms of the door?