12826847

If somoene just got arrested attempt with a fake

Customer Question

Hi if somoene just got arrested for fraud attempt with a fake id from canada and he is canadian as well but here in the uk for vacation and right now he is in custody since 48 hours, what will happen next?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Sorry for the delay.
Do you mean will he be charged?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi for the moment he has 8 accusation against him and he is still in custody
OK
So are you asking if he will be charged?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no im asking what usually happen in those type of situation
In relation to what?
Charge, bail, conviction, sentence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
to chargee
That depends on the evidence. There isn't a usual procedure. Sometimes people are arrested on very weak evidence and so not charged and sometimes on very strong evidence and so charged.
If I were asked to guess then he probably would be charged. I was a police station legal advisor for years before I went to the bar and I didn't see too many people arrested on weak evidence for an offence like fraud compared to an offence like rape where almost everybody was there on weak evidence. That being the real reason for the low conviction rate as opposed to any issue with outdated views.
That is only a guess though. The evidence may not be enough to support a charge. It may be that other offences are more appropriate.
Can I ckarify anything for you?