75100385

I have a found my self in a situation regarding , sky , I am

I have a found my self in a situation regarding , sky , I am being taken to court , by F.A.C.T, over illegally showing football matches , I need some advice please
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi Alex I have just sent more information did you not receive it ??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am getting taken to court on the 30th of July over not subscribing to sky , I was not on the premises at any times that the matches were shown , when I opened the pub , there was already a some kind of set up for the football , I subscrided immediately to BT sports , and then I was approached by sky and I found the monthly payments would prove to be to much as the pub was seriously run down , I put my daughter in charge , as I have another pub wich I have had for nine years , and I subscribe to both BT and sky . I was unaware that some of the matches were being shown through this box , until I was approached by sky and I had to sign a cease and desist form wich I did , then in December 2014 I recieved a call from a representive of sky telling that some one had been in on three occasions , and had seen it playing on the tv , I was asked to write to them explaining who was working on the night it was shown , and I did , I also had words with the staff and my daughter, later on she then Confessed to telling she was afraid not to put it on as she was getting bullied by some the lads there . So I just decided I to close the premises . I had a text message of the prosecuting barrister from the magistrates court , on Thursday 2nd July saying he wanted a chat with me as I am not represented , I was in shock as I had no idea that this had gone so far . I am at a total loss what todo I feel I am innocent of this charge . I need advice please Sheila green
Did you have domestic subscription?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No we did not live in the property
Were you the employer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Its bad news I am afraid. As an employer you are vicariously liable for the actions of any employee. So if someone injuries themself on the property, even if it is not your fault but an employee, as a business you are responsible.
The same here. Although you were not there, as the employer its your responsibility. I think you have to plead guilty, but it is mitigation to say you had no knowledge of it. The Court is likely to go more lightly on you. But the fact they caught you 3 times does not help.
So I think you are guilty but have mitigation. I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.