Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My late father will leaves his house to myself my children

my late father will leaves his house to myself my children and my nephew my step mother was to live for the rest of her life. I have little contact with her and my step brother and have not spoken to my stepmother for oner a year despite attempts by phone.
I have asked to visit and my stepbrother and sister tell me they will contact me , I have also asked to speak to her but have been told she is asleep. she is now 95 and as her children do not benefit from my fathers will am concerned that she may not still be alive. can I ask you to advise
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

A death must be registered within five days. The death will receive a death certificate and all such certificates are held both at the local registry office where the death was registered and centrally at the General Register Office.

You can execute a search of the records online for a small fee (around £10, £23 for results within 24 hours.

You can search here:-

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/default.asp

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Al