13262538

I would like to ask what I can do to help my sons partner

Customer Question

Hi I would like to ask what I can do to help my sons partner help to get him removed from their joint property. He is drunk and abusive and he does pay nothing towards the mortgage or the bills. They have a 5 year old daughter who is now sees this happening and knows that dad is not nice. She has been dragged out of her home on so many occasions due to his aggression and police have arrested him on several occasons, We now need help in finding out what we need to do. They are currently staying with me as my son is again very drunk and unpleasant. Can you advice?
Thak you
Maria
Why has his partner not co-operated with the Police?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He i

has never been physically violent to her. He is fighting outside when drunk and so has been arrested. She has had to leave on several occasions as he has become aggressive in the ho e. Hitting walls and doors. She has been very patient and always hoping that his drinking will stop and all will be well. Over the last few months it has become clear that she or their daughter cannot live with him as increasingly he spends weeks on his bed leaving only to buy more alcohol. He had falls and is at times unresponsive so ambulance has been called. She has now reached the end of what she can or should deal with. If same situation. Arises again and police got involved she probably would make a statement. She is a teacher snd also does not want her name in the local papers.

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The house is worth approx £300,000 and £175,00 left on the mortgage.
Would she be able to "buy him out" of his share - and is she strong enough to take court action?