12826847

Good morningCan do advise me on whether I can claim back

Customer Question

Good morning Can do advise me on whether I can claim back from a credit card I paid back in 2010 My husband pastaway in august that year and had a credit card in his name only I informed the company of his death sent them his death certificate , they then replyed asking for the dept to be paid ,at the time I just as you can imagine I was not in good place emotionally and just paid the credit card company Straight away. Recently I have been told that there dept shouldn't have been paid as it was my husbands dept and not mine can you help me on this matter Thanks you Yoursfaithfully Mrs Julie XXXX

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
How much was the debt and did your husband make a Will? Did his estate have any money left and who was the administrator of his estate?