75100385

I am having my house painted and the painter has made a mess

I am having my house painted and the painter has made a mess of by neighbour's property, despite having assured me he would cover everything up. (Masonry paint flakes thrown up by a pressure hose have covered his driveway and flower beds.) He is angry and insists that it is my responsibility to make good any damage or impairment to his property, I have apologised and asked the painter to clean up, but i believe that as the painhter is self employed it is his responsibility to correct his own mistakes. I believe he will do so but i need to know what my legal position is as the neighbour is quite aggressive. Thank you.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is it you want to know specially please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not sure what extra information you require. I want to know ifr there are any costs to my neighbour in repairing damage, am I liable or is the painjter who caused it. Neighbour maintains that i am as i "employed" the painter. I disagree.

Sadly you would be liable, case law shows us this. But then you would counter sue the painter for the costs.
But as you instructed/employed the painter this means you are liable for their costs.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.