31090051

My daughter died in her care home. She was on a monitored bed.

my daughter died in her care home. She was on a monitored bed. She has severe epilepsy. The bed monitor did not alert to her not breathing, her heart stopping and her incontinence, all of which should have alerted. There are waking night staff member of staff checked my daughter then thought she would go back and check again but had to change someone else. when she went back in my daughter was blue and had no pulse. I feel that this was neglect I am waiting for the inquest but I feel so confused and angry as I want proper answers.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't mind waiting

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for your loss. From your narrative you appear to have justifiable grounds for complaint. However, in order to take this to a civil court you need expert evidence. The inquest may provide some answers for you. However, I recommend that you consult a solicitor experienced in medical negligence. The solicitor can investigate the situation for you, as opposed to the inquest investigation. He can also ask an independent medical expert to examine the medical records and whole circumstances. The test is whether similar medical staff would have acted in the way that those involved in the care of your daughter acted.
You can go to the Law Society website to find a suitable solicitor to act for you.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.