12826847

I am a commercial landlord. A tenant, with whom I only have

Customer Question

I am a commercial landlord. A tenant, with whom I only have an oral agreement, did not pay the rent for 2 months and I issued a claim for possession of the premises at the local county court. The case was heard today and the rent arrears now amounts to 6 months. The judge said I should have issued a notice to quit under section 25 of the landlord and tenant act and has directed me to show cause to the contrary or have the case thrown out. I understood I would only need a section 25 notice for persistent late payment as it requires a 6 month notice period. Is the judge right? Kind regards, ***** *****

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Happy for you to carry on trying,

Patrick

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please close question and refund the money.

Patrick XXXXXX