LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I'm a Tennant living in Croydon were having a problem . the

I'm a Tennant living in Croydon were having a problem . the boiler is not working .it not been working for over 3 week ,the landlord not about,we've tried to ring him,send text ,and after all that I went to the agencies. To tell them what happen. Their tried to get in touch but no luck at the moment,so I'm thinking of stop paying any more rent money ,the contract finish on august 23rd
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
The Landlord has a duty under S11 Landlord and Tenant Act to keep in repair the facilities for space and water heating. It is his responsibility rather than the agents to get this repaired. But he can discharge his duty through the agents if he wishes. IN order to answer about he next steps for you to take I really need to know how bad the situation is. Are you without hot water and space heating?