Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

EDF Energy are proposing to erect a fence along the rear

Customer Question

EDF Energy are proposing to erect a fence along the rear boundary of my property as they have bought the adjoining field to create a wild life haven. They have noticed a well worn track along the boundary which they say has no right of way over it. They suggest we have been using it with the permission of the previous owner of the field.

Can I email my response letter for you to check for legal correctness? If so, please let me know the fee for this service.

Paul XXXX

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to check your email. I have sent you an offer of an additional service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have paid for the extra service and attached the letter herewith as a pdf. Please acknowledge receipt. Paul

Attachment: 2015-07-08_150552_edf_energy_letter.pdf

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the letter which I am reviewing. I will respond shortly.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Good evening
I have to say that I cannot find any fault with your letter.
I think I would drop the "without prejudice" because you are not admitting or denying any liability for anything. Just a small point.
The content of the later makes your position quite clear. I think interference by a lawyer would only have a negative impact at this stage.
I suggest you send the letter and see what the response is. If the response is unfavourable we can then work on a more detailed formal letter.
If you ask for me in future I will help you formulate a further letter of it becomes necessary.
Alice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Alice H

I have now received a reply from EDF energy to my letter, but it appears to be a generic letter sent to all residents with a boundary bordering their field. They have not directly answered any of the points I raised. Please can you help me with a response. I attach a scan of their letter.

Best wishes

Paul

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
The response is a standard template and doesn't address the issues you raised in your correspondence. What EDF is saying (very politely) is that they have made a decision and they are pushing ahead with their plans regardless if your representations. I would be interested to see your letter before you send it.