UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

A company is taking me to the small claims court unpaid

A company is taking me to the small claims court for an unpaid invoice. The work was never carried out. One of the directors of the company is currently serving a 10 prison sentence for abusing me as a child. The invoice is in fact a malicious attempt to cause me stress. The directors have now filed a to strike the company out with companies house. My question is, can they carry on with this ridiculous claim if they have filed for a strike out.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

If the Claimant is the Company and the Company is struck out, your claim dies automatically.

You should bring it to the Court's attention that the Company is in the process of being struck off and that the claim is malicious and without merit.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The company is a Ltd company and its the company that's taking me to court. The 2 directors of the company have applied for it to be struck out.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The company is a Ltd company and its the company that's taking me to court. The 2 directors of the company have applied for it to be struck out. If the claim dies with the company will that leave me with a bad name if it's unresolved

No, you will not get a bad name. You only get a bad name if a judgement is entered against you and you do not pay it.

All the best, ***** ***** feedback