75100385

I am buying a new car via a Broker in an online deal. I have

I am buying a new car via a Broker in an online deal.
I have been assured that I will be the first registered keeper of the car but it will be registered at a company address. See below in reply to my question
The car will be registered in your name but at one of our addresses. The registration document comes back in the post to ourselves (in your name) and we send it back to the DVLA with an address change into your address. This leaves you as the first and only registered keeper of the vehicle and will show your address from day one. You will be committing no offence under any sections of the vehicle excise and registration act, we have sold tens of thousands of cars in this way for 20 years now and never had one incident of any of our customers having any issue at all. There is a website that sells a few cars that has put all this scare stuff on it’s website as they can’t compete with our and a lot of our competitor prices. We supply plenty of cars to police officers, solicitors etc.
Does payment for car give me full owner of the car or is there a risk of ownership and am I breaking any law if I proceed.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
The registered owner is not necessary the legal keeper. Just because you are using their address does not mean you have done anything illegal. So even if all correspondence goes there, nothing is wrong with that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for reply. The company assures me it is all legal and that I will receive an invoice paid in full as proof of legal ownership of the car upon full and final payment and I then become the legal owner of the car. I am down as first name on the V5 Doc and I am assured that they will change address via DVLC upon my purchase. It appears that this is to give them buying purchase discount power.
Thank you for reassurance that is legal
Happy to help.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?