12826847

My son failed to respond to requests of no claims

Customer Question

My son failed to respond to requests for proof of no claims bonus or pay almost £400 if proof could not be providedand the insurance company have cancelled his insurance.
I have managed to obtain the proof of no claims , but they are unwilling to re instate the policy and have charged in excess of 90% of the original fee, aprox.£1445 (offering a refund of £38) on a policy that was due to run until 23rd November 2015
they are willing to offer a new 12 month premium to start now, this will result in having to wait an additional 8 months to secure a second years no claims discount
Also we have had to take out emergency insurance for 7 days to give us time to resolve this issue at a cost of £138
My son has been under severe financial pressure resulting in many pay day loans and felt he could not respond to this request as it might have cost more money.
I have taken it upon myself with his agreement to sort out all of his financial obligations but need advise on whether his failure to respond to their request can justify the additional costs
Steve Flaherty ***********
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Has the insurer relied on its terms and conditions to levy these charges against your son?