75100385

In a written statement to the High Court (Sept 2014)my son

In a written statement to the High Court (Sept 2014)my son in law stated that I was suffering from a terminal illness. This was not true and caused considerable distress to my family. This was an attempt by him to show that my daughter would be well provided for after their divorce. I am 72 and have not seen my doctor since the death of my wife last August. Can I sue for libel, or is he protected because it was a statement presented to the Court.
John B
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Sadly anything used or said in Court cant be used outside Court for suing etc.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK Thanks

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?