12826847

My son let a friend use his paypal account. this is a friend

Customer Question

my son let a friend use his paypal account. this is a friend of 10 yrs, they stated they had lost their bank card so he agreed to them transferring money into his pay pal account which would be transferred into his halifax a/c then he with drew the money for them and handed over the cash. A transfer to his pay pal a/c was made each time but unknown to him the payment was then rejected placing him in debt of over £2,900, The friend has admitted that he left his account open and that they have used the same further. They have admitted the debt is theirs but cant pay it back. Paypal say the debt is my sons even though the other person admits it is theirs and that they owe the money. what are my options, I have already spoken to the police over the phone but they dont seem bothered. As Lukes mother I have spoken to his now ex friend who admitts the debt is theirs but cant pay
What would you like to know about this please?