29905560

I recently issued a county court claim online. The defendant

Hello. I recently issued a county court claim online. The defendant has now paid me but I can't see any way to stop the claim online. I have found form N279, Notice of discontinuance, but it would appear that it needs a judge to grant permission for its use. Is this correct, or can I just complete it and leave the judge's name blank? Thank you.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. You can still use that form to discontinue your claim. You will see that the section with the Judge’s details is in brackets which means that it is optional. There are circumstances when you will need the Judge’s permission to withdraw the claim and you can see those here: https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part38#38.2 If none apply to you then you can discontinue the claim without a judge’s consent and can leave that section blank. I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you