LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Please can you help we are having a problem with our neighbour

Customer Question

please can you help we are having a problem with our neighbour that is driving up a passage way in front of our property that measures 3meters wide, so is driving over our threshold, can you tell us is there a legal limit to size of threshold to step onto
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.
Can you please just clarify is your neighbour driving onto your property? If so is he causing any damage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, they are driving over an access (passageway) that is in front of your property that measures 10 and half feet wide, there vechicle tyre's touch our paving stones that we step onto, when entering and extiting our property. We would like to know how much footage to we have to step out onto.

I don't quite understand the question. There is no legal right to any particular space to step on to. Can you clarify things a bit more please and describe the arrangement. Is the access passageway yours or is it that he touches your paving stones as he drives by? Has he caused any damage?