Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
18726264

I have been talking to a girl from the phillipines for

hello i have been talking to a girl from the phillipines for a few months now and i would like her so stay over here at christmas with the intention of her staying over here permently eventually if things go all well is it best just to do a holiday visa for the first time or should I apply for a sponsership form which i have downloaded A SU07 many thanks she has a sister living in austrulia which she visited last year for 8 weeks
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 2 years ago.
The sponsorhisp form is only to provide suppoert evidence. If she has adequfunds and a good record as a traveller then she can just apply for a visitors visa. However to be absolutley clear if she comes on a visitors visa then she cannot remain on any other basis and must leave at the end of her visit. Any application for long term residence will be refused. If you want her to saty as part of a relation ship she will have to apply from the Philipines but you will need to show a relationship exists so it is not possible at the moment. A visitors visa is the only option.