12826847

There. I own a bar and during a prom, a girl caught her

Customer Question

Hi there. I own a bar and during a prom, a girl caught her finger in a door which then began to bleed. We administered first aid but since then she's had operations on her finger causing her to miss work. Obviously it's not our policy to call an ambulance for a cut on a finger but the girl admitted to drinking. She was advised as she had been drinking, she'd feel the pain more the next day and she continued to party until it finished.
The doorman was holding the door open at the time, letting go when he thought the girl was inside but her hand was still on the door frame. The father is trying to sue us for loss of earnings but I was wondering whose fault this would be. Please help so I know what to reply to the father.
Expert:  Matt Jones replied 2 years ago.
HI I ill try and help
Firstly, do you have insurance and have you notified them? Secondly how old was this girl?