How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

2 years ago a gardener a cricket net at my house. I

Customer Question

2 years ago a gardener laid a cricket net at my house.
I have just received a letter from a corporate litigation service company chasing an amount of money that the gardener still has outstanding with the supplier of the cricket net.
The letter has his name & my address.
I do not know how to reach him as it was 2 yrs ago.
Does this collection agent have any case against me in this matter.
I called the supplier of the net (who has instructed this agent) & he says that he is not allowed to talk to me.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
I assume you paid the gardner to lay the net and didn't order direct from the net company?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes exactly

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Then you don't need to worry, its nothing to do with you.
Your contract is with the gardner. The net company has a contract with the gardner. The dispute is between the gardner and net company, not you.
In law its nothing to do with you.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


can the net company have any recourse to the asset itself i.e. the net ?

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
No. its a dispute between the gardner and them.
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.


Related Law Questions