31090051

23 years ago I obtained a mortgage and purchased the council

Customer Question

23 years ago I obtained a mortgage and purchased the council owned property that my grandmother was renting. We are both on land registry, but she has never paid any money for the house. Now NHS want to claim her percentage ?. I state again, she has lived in the property for 23 years and paid no rent or mortgage payments. Where do I stand. I feel I am being robbed. Regards, ***** *****

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Your argument here is that your grandmother is on the title as a matter of convenience and that you are actually the beneficial owner. You will have to prove that you have made all the payments over the period that we have bank statements et cetera.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I have all that.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
In that case then you say that you are the beneficial owner and that your grandmother is not. She is on the title as a matter of convenience.