75100385

I have a wholesale company and i supply a large account. another

i have a wholesale company and i supply a large account.
another competitor approached this account and falsified details about our company stating that are alcohol is fake and our company is not a legal company. They were stating all this false information to win the account back.
i would like to know if i could sue the company for this on false information as this is an illegal type of approach to try AN GET BUSINESS FROM US.
look forward to an answer.
many thanks
Hasan
Hello Hasan my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Is this a UK company that approached your customer please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex,

Yes they are a UK company and a nationwide one to.

I am only a small company and steadily trying to grow. I cannot accept these accusations and would like to bring this to their attention and this could cost my company a large account and the problem could escalate if not resolved quickly.

what advice or what should i do. Id like to sue them really for damages if i lose the account.

Hasan

Is your customer willing to give a statement and attend Court if necessary?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have not asked them about court proceedings, as i did not know if i even had a solid case.

I could always talk to the customer and my sales rep was there at the time when these false accusations were being thrown around.

what would be the best solution moving forward and would i have a case?

Hasan

Have you lost anything as a result of this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have not lost anything as of yet, but i potentially could and i could lose the credibility of my company which i have worked so hard for over the years.

A nationwide supplier should not be saying this about our company. so if i did lose this account because they have lied about our company could i sue for damages and loss of business?

Many Thanks

Hasan

I agree. Have you it in writing from the Company what they said?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately not, i do have verbal confirmation from my sales rep and the owner of the account. if they are willing to go to court could i have a case?

Also my sales rep took note of everything that was said and forwarded me a formal email after he returned back to the office.

regards

Hasan

You have a case if you have lost something or if you in writing what they have said is untrue.
At present you could get a Solicitor to write a letter, set out the faslehoods and ask them to stop and confirm what they have said. Otherwise you could go to Court, seek damages (for any sums lost) and also an injunction to stop them doing it again.
If you had lost sales then you claim that. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will hold back until there is a loss, there will pursue matters further. Do you have a solicitor that could take my case?

Many Thanks

Hasan

I can't recommend one Hasan sadly. But you can find one here:
http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it does many thanks

Good luck Hasan.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?