75100385

I paid flights and my wife last year with Airfast

Customer Question

i paid for 2 flights for me and my wife last year with Airfast . They cancelled my reservation and said they would refund me but I have neve rreceived anything. I booked them early June 2014. Can you help?
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How did you pay for the flights? Was it with a credit card?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I paid via a Visa debit card

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was via a visa debit card

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
It is a shame that you purchased these tickets with a debit card and not a credit card as you are not afforded the same level of protection.
The first thing you should do is report the company to trading standards, a simple internet search reveals that many customers have experienced difficulties with them.
Also the UK arm of the company went into administration last year.
I am afraid to say that I think it is going to be very difficult for you to recover your money in these circumstances.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How come they are still trading?

What can I do to get my money back pls?

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what do you mean by judgement and enforce

the claim is for 673 but we only have 1 household income and we expected this money back.

If they dont reply you get a Court order against them and then seek enforcement action such as bailiffs etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It will cost us to get bailiffs no?

Yes any enforcement action there is a cost.
It's around £100