12826847

Sons girlfriend has just moved out of the house they were jointly

Customer Question

Sons girlfriend has just moved out of the house they were jointly renting. She took their son with her and now will not let him see her.despite his requests. He is named on the birth certificate as the dad. What are the next steps
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please cancel my question and arrange for a refund.

David XXX

HiMy apologies for the delay I have been unwell.The law says that a child is entitled to ocntact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary.The starting point is for your son to make an appointment to see a local Family Mediatorwww.familymediationhelpline.co.ukIf his ex agrees to mediation then great - if not then your son will need to make an immediate applictaion to the court for a Child Arrangement Order setting out the times that the child will spend with himHe can find out more here\http://theparentconnection.org.uk/I hope that this is of assistance - please ask for any further details requiredClare