UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

We have bought a new kitchen on finance from a major UK store,

We have bought a new kitchen on finance from a major UK store, this kitchen was designed, surveyed and fitted by the store. One essential part of the kitchen they say cannot be fitted , as they say there is a lot more work involved than envigeged , and the finish/ asthetics are not as we agreed because the doors on the end larder units are different to what we was sold, now the kitchen is complete this cannot be altered without quite major works .
The essential part they are saying we will refund the cost & £150 for loss of enjoyment for the design not meeting my approval . I have written to them by email saying I think they should fit the unit regardless of cost as they designed the kitchen and it was thier own goods which they should know about and this error should have been flagged at the outset.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

I would advise you to try and settle the matter amicably with the supplier who you say is a major UK store e.g. if the job is going to cost an extra 1000 pounds, you could offer say 250 pounds in addition to the original agreed quote.

Going to court should be the last option and if it is a major store as you say, it is likely they will try and reach a mutually acceptable position with you. You may need to escalate the matter to their head of department or directors.

May I help further?