LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

My daughter who is 11 recently went on a school trip on arrival

Customer Question

my daughter who is 11 recently went on a school trip on arrival the coach driver damaged her suitcase by the rough way he handled it I have contacted both the insurer and the coach company but the will not accept liability, the value of a replacement is only 39.99,
the only witness to the event is my daughter, what can we do?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this question for you.
The short answer to this I think is that at this level of value there is not a lot you can do. You could bring a small claim but this would be a great deal of effort and the costs of issuing the case (which you would get back if successful) would be greater than the amount sought.
There is no effective legal remedy available to you for this I am afraid.