75100385

We are an office supplies company , I have been asked does

we are an office supplies company , I have been asked does the consumer credit act apply to us , say if we sell office furniture to an end user can they return in within 30 days,? if they decide that they have made the wrong decision re colour/ style , does there have to be a reason to return , and not pay for what has been ordered. Can they return if damaged, incorrect colour and not give us the chance to rectify? if so can we charge a restocking fee
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
In the circumstances you describe this is not a Consumer Credit Act matter. This is simply a returns policy. You are entitled to charge a restocking fee if it is being returned because they have changed their mind, rather than being defective etc, BUT you must make it clear to the consumer when they order.
You need to reasonably bring it to their attention. But no, this is not a consumer credit act.
If they return damaged etc, then they are entitled to ask for a refund, replacement or repair. You can not insist on rectification.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.