12826847

Really sorry, think been asking on my other account. I've got

Customer Question

Really sorry, think been asking on my other account. I've got membership on this one so will switch to here (& hope get the same solicitor). My step son moved in with his bio dad just over a month ago. Got a mail from his bio dad yesterday morning (to me and step sons mum)"Will's been living here in Aldershot for about a month now and he says he's settling in well and wants to stay for the time being. There's two things I think we need to discuss since the change around. Firstly, it's fortunately worked out each week that I've been able to get William to and from train stations with buses and hire cars but that isn't always going to be the case, I will often need to collect or be available when Dante arrives after I finish work on Fridays or Sundays, and I definitely won't always be able to hire a car when mine breaks down like it has at the moment. Everyone has always made sure Will was available for me to pick up on a Friday or Saturday and there for me to take him back on a Sunday and I will always make sure Will is ready in the same way. William now needs a reliable way of getting from and returning to our house here when he goes away, I'm not sure what options are available to everyone but there's a couple of weeks now to make arrangements. Secondly, now that ***** *****ves here the household's financial situation has significantly changed. Maintenance has always been paid towards William wherever he's been resident, could you all let me know if this is still to be the case?"We called the school earlier in the week and they said he's settling in really well. We had said before step son moved we couldn't afford to pay maintenance and checked with Child Maintenance who confirmed we don't have to as not bio or adopted parents. Transport wise we can't do the pick ups and drop offs each time - I work shift work and there's been a change to my work schedule lately so won't always be free to go get him and drop him back every time. My hubby suffers from ill health and if Im not there has the 4 kids (1, 3, 9, and 12) to look after so it's not feesable for him to do the drive. (He has ME and Fibromyalgia, among other stuff, and suffers from chronic back pain - a 100+ mile drive is too much for his back and means me taking time off whilst he recovers.) Also I can't feasibly drag the 4 kids with me on the train then buses each end (I worked out it would cost me £170 if use train and buses and take 4-6 hours on a Friday and Sunday) and we don't have family about at weekends to help out. I could hire a baby sitter whilst I do it but that's more money as well as me missing out on time with my children. Spoke to Child Legal Services who suggested going back to court to re do the contact order we have as circumstances changed - our current order states that step son with us during week, weekends split 3 ways, 3 main days of Christmas we all take turns, dad & mum gets 2 full weeks in the summer Hols and we get whats left, inset days and Bank Holidays split between us and the mum, and the rest of the holidays gets split 3 ways as best we can (we always took the short straw as step kids lived with us and see them more (plus for a quiet life, as we've had the bio dad and mum kick off about us "stealing their time"). Also states when bio dads weekend he picks up and drops off and when the bio mums weekend we pick up and drop off. We want to help but not sure can and worried he'll try cutting us and bio mum off if don't do what he wants. When the mum said last time step son was due there that she hadn't known she was picking him up (he hadn't told her till 4 days before step son due there and she works till 6pm and the nearest train station to her work on the train journey he wanted step son to go to was half hour journey from her work and the train due in at 6) he got nasty with her. Feel a bit angry as well as been so flexible and gone out of the way for bio dad over the years but its not reciprocated now and if we can't fit in with him then he reacts nastily.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure, that would be great
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No worries
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,