13262538

My father was a racing driver who was killed in 1962. He died

Customer Question

My father was a racing driver who was killed in 1962. He died intestate, but in the High Court his whole estate was passed to his wife, my mother. My father had purchased a plot of land on which he had intended to build a home but was refused permission on the grounds of it being green belt. At the time of my father's death the land was registered solely in his name. My mother passed away in 2009 and having dealt with her estate my brother and I would like to be able to transfer the Land Title into our names. Could you please advise as to how we go about doing so.
Liz
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.Whose name is ***** ***** registered in at present?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The land is registered in my father's name.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The property is still registered in my fathers name.

for your reply please send to e-mail address :

***@******.***
You will need the Grant of Probate/letters of Administration for your father's estate as well as the same for that of your mother.
You and your brother will then need to prepare the following form
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/429046/AS1.pdf and (assuming that the property is registered land) register this at the Land Registry.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask for further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My father died intestate and his whole estate was passed to my mother. There was no Probate, it was under the direction of The High Court

That is not a problem - it is still the same process - only there were Letters of Administration not a Grant of Probate