75100385

If I can see the lens' of my neighbour's CCTV cameras, which

If I can see the lens' of my neighbour's CCTV cameras, which potentially view/record my family each time we step outside my house, what legal rights do I have to insist that shields are put over the lenses?
Regards,
Tom.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is the purpose of the CCTV to catch the area generally or specifically to record you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I believe it is security for their property, but the direction of the lenses could over look my property.
Ok, if its not intentional then whilst you can ask them to shield it they do not have to. If it was directly looking at your property that would be a different matter, but if they may be indirectly catching you the rights are more limited.
I would also speak to the Council as they will have rules about CCTV and how/where it should be positioned. But if its not directly pointed at your door, your rights are more limited.
Please see: http://www.problemneighbours.co.uk/cctv-privacy-and-the-law.html

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.