75100385

I am a hearing on Tues morning general form of judgement

I am a hearing on Tues morning for a general form of judgement or order. This is a clinical negligence case and the opposition before putting in a statment want the case to be struck out.
The court order simply states "upon considering the papers on the court file" The request from the defendant has not been returned stamped by the judge just the above.
The judge accepted a file of evidence when my statement was filed. The claimant do not have this information to support my case. When is it disclosed.
1.Should I have done this 3 days before the hearing? or at discovery stage when instructed?
2. Do I need an urgent adjournment to ensure the defendants have this file of information
prior to the hearing.
3. I am a litigant in person
Please advice as I dont want my file to be dismissed as too late as it fully supports my claim.
Thankyou.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Is this an application to strike out please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That is what the defendant are wanting.But the judgement and order just simply states by the judge :

to look at the papers in the court file.

The statement put in the application was detailed and suggested that as an applicant we would not have anything even orally to add change the circumstances and no chance of winning. The medical evidence submitted by the defendant in support of their defence was a fraudalant one created by a solicitor who was meant to be working for me but they had agreed with the medical expert to remove all symptoms of a neurological or spinal damage.

I have a spinal cord injury! by an epidural without my consent.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What is the exact wording of the order please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Upon considering the papers on the court file

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes, upon considering the papers on the Court file........?
Next bit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is no next bit that is all the judge has said on the document...

so it does not state anything else.. The words are only

considering the papers on the court file.

My son did hand in a file of evidence to the judge to support our case to the judge and was accepted into court after our witness statement went in.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Upon considering the Court file the matter is listed on xxx date?
Have you already filed witness statements?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The order from court says. Upon considering the papers on the court file it is ordered that the matter be listed for hearing on the 14th July 2015 at 11:30 am with a time estimate of 1 hour.

Both sides have submitted witness statements, mine was filed in December and the oppositions filed 2 weeks ago. I also submitted a file of evidence to the judge 3 months ago.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Was the matter ever set down for trial?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

its been accepted in court but hasn't gone to a trial and i have been given no date for a trial.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. It sounds like a case management conference rather than a trial then. If that is the case you still have time to submit evidence for this hearing. It sounds like there is an issue the Court wishes to deal with, but it would have been helpful if they told you exactly what it was!
You can file any evidence now to rely on at this short hearing. You need to make sure the other side have this as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Am I too late to submit for the hearing?

Do I ask for an adjournment for time to do this as dont I need to give 3 days prior to hearing to disclose evidence or can I take it on the day?

In an hour there will not be much time to discuss in depth?

How should I proceed please Alex

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
1. You can submit evidence now as long as its not too much, ie 100 pages!
2. You can ask for an adjournment on the day
3. It sounds like a case management conference, ie the Judge wants to give Directions over an issue.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Alex

I have a full file that supports my case.May be over 100 pages.

I was confused as to what point I disclose all my evidence.

As we have not got three copies and all numbered as yet you would suggest to ask for an adjournment if we wish to submit a large file?

Can we go into Judges chambers and then ask for an adjournment or wait to see what the issue the judge wishes to discuss.

What I am asking is that I do not want to lose the chance to submit my evidence on which is paramount in my case and want to ensure I can file it to court.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
1. You disclose your evidence usually when the Court orders it. The Court will say exchange of statements on x date.
2. However if there is a hearing its going to be a CMC
3. Yes you can go into Chambers and ask for an adjournment.
4. You shouldnt lose the chance if the Court hasnt directed evidence yet.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok Thanks Alex.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?