Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I am representing myself in court against a public order

Customer Question

Hi, I am representing myself in court against a public order offence number 4 which was reduced from Abh, I have pleaded not guilty as I broke the fight up and that was my only involvement. Do I need to let the court know in any official way I will be representing myself in court? Do I need to submit my defence before hand and if so how do I get a defence form? And what is the worst case scenario for a first offence been this public order offence?
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** assume the trial is in the Magistrates Court - if so they will have made directions for service of any additional evidence and your defence statement (if you want to lodge one - there is no obligation to do so). You don't have to tell the court that you are repenting yourself but you will have to let them and the CPS know if you are calling any defence witnesses ( and supply those witnesses full names, addresses and dates of birth).