29905560

Should a method statement be signed off by Senior management

Should a method statement be signed off by Senior management and checked by health and safety before work starts
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. There is no legal requirement for a method statement to be signed by senior management or even be checked by health and safety before it is introduced. The involvement of official health and safety representatives is not required by law and whether a senior manager has to sign it is down to the company itself and what their internal policies say on that matter. The lack of any signatures would not make the statement invalid as long as it has been considered carefully and the risk assessment carried out and it complies with whatever requirements it needs to in order to make it safe and proper.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you